Saturday, May 20, 2006

Paranoid Blogadroit Spring Cleaning

Howdy howdy howdy,

Long see, no time, errr, long time, no see, errr, long time no blog. Ahh, that's it. It's been a long time since my last blog. Well, here I am, back in the saddle of the inter-galactic blogosphere, ready for another ride of unprovoked opinions and soap box prancing, prattling, and blathering. Wooo hoooo! When I feel heavy metal! Woooooo hooooo!

Ok. Here are some things I jotted down in my notebook that I thought were worth blogging about.

-Imagine if Henry Rollins did an intense spoken word reading of the lyrics to Radiohead's "High and Dry".
-"Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that's pretty special...(long dramatic pause)...Don't you boy" (and then maybe he repeats "don't you boy" followed by the inimitable scowl.)
-"...you just sit there...wishing you could still make love (scowl)"
-"oooooooh. Well it's the best thing that you ever had...the best thing that you have ever had...has...gone...away (sick n twisted grin)"

Here's a rhyme I wrote..
-"I'm at work/OH NO! i gotta take another shit!/Pop said to The Jerk "see a doctor get rid of it"/On the pot i write just a little bit/gotta go back to work in justa little bit/but even these is givin MC's so many fits/so i guess this job has to have some benefits"

So I read a report that more than 73,000 Pakistani's have died due to lack of food and adequate housing during the last winter. I read that the US has given barely a pittance to help them. I read that we have found several billion to help Americans during and after hurricane Katrina. So is the official policy of our country "American lives are worth more than Pakistani lives."? Is this a doctrine that our Christian president has adopted from the teachings of Jesus Christ? Is this a doctrine we are all complicit in? Is this wrong?

The soul neither speaks of nor abides by any systems.

Here's a poem...

A Great Feeling

It's like the feeling you get when "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure comes on the radio and you suddenly realize that it is friday and you are in love.



Here's another poem...

9 to 5

Every dreaded morning you wanna walk out in a huff.
Every stolen morning you wanna scream aloud ENOUGH!
And every blessed morning your paycheck calls your bluff

-Have you ever pooped and it felt like you just cleared the freeway a jack-knifed semi and a ten car pile-up?


-So I'm working on my list of my ten most favorite songs of all time. As you can imagine this project is far from finished and maybe it never will be, but after a few months of thinking about it, I've come up with the following songs. The more I think about it, the best criteria I can come up with is that the song has to sound absolutely beautiful and extraordinary every single time I hear it. And because I love these songs so much I can't resist quoting at least one (more like 10 jeez) lyric from each song...

-Talking Heads "Once In A Lifetime" "...and you may ask yourself, MY GOD, what have I done?!?!"

-Radiohead "Paranoid Android" "...you don't remember. you don't remember. why don't you remember my name???!!! ooohhh....off with his head man off with his head man why don't you remember my name i guess you dooooonnnnnn't (super high falsetto!) aaaaahhhhhh'''!!!!

-Bob Dylan "Mr. Tambourine Man" Ok. Since ole' Bob is such a poet and this verse is so fuckin good here's the whole thing...

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind
Down the foggy ruins of time
Far past the frozen leaves
The haunted frightened trees
Out to the windy bench
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow
Yes to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea
Circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow


-Jeff Buckley "Hallelujah" written by Leonard Cohen " "There's a blaze of light in every word, it doesn't matter which you heard"

-Queen w/David Bowie "Under Pressure" The part where they build it up and then totally smash it right as Freddie Mercury sings "Why can't we give ourselves, one more chance?" is about as rocking as rock has ever been rocked in the history of all rock ever. And if Neal Pollack doesn't think Queen is "authentic" enough to really rock then Neal Pollack can eat a dick.

Ok so apparently it's amateur hour in this corner of the unending blog universe because as you may have noticed the fonts and spacing have become all screwy and for this I am sorry. I should know how to fix it, but I don't. I've been trying to do what I always did while working in MicrosoftWord but it's not working. I come not to font n space but to write.

Ok back to the BLoG.

-Memo to all super-models. Emaciated carcass-like bodies and the look of utter boredom and exhaustion do not make you attractive.

-Memo to teen pop recording artists. Vapidity, lack of soul, big tits and tight clothes do not make you attractive or compelling to listen to.

-Memo to Deal or No Deal the TV show. You look like you were designed for lobotomized Attention Deficit Disorder 5th graders and Howie Mandel you are about as funny as a lobotomized A.D.D. 5th grader.

-Memo to Adam Morrison. Just because you CAN grow a mustache doesn't mean you SHOULD grow a mustache. Judging punk bands by their musical chops is like judging apples by their stems.



Peace

Marcus Singer

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Willie C -
I just got your letter, loved it. Thank you. And, I find it so awesome to learn, after all these years of friendship, that I have three songs in common with your top 10. Hallelujah, Once in a Lifetime (which, for awhile there, was my funeral song. But my sense of humor won out, and now it's "I've Had the Time of my Life" from Dirty Dancing. It'll be great.) and, of course, Under Pressure, which I had long ago loved, and then cast as my very own Gap commercial song staring all of us dancing around in black and white. More soon. xo! Sully

 

Post a Comment

<< Home