Friday, January 20, 2006

New Tacks

Hey Hey Hey,

That's right. I bought some new thumb tacks and now I'm gonna BLoG about them. Just kidding.

So this time instead of frothing at the mouth and getting all e-apoplectic about advertising I'll just holla about stuff I like. (But then aren't you advertising Marcus? Yeah I am. So?) I like writing by David Foster Wallace. I like Juanita's chips. I recently discovered that I really like a TV show called "Newsradio". It was too good to be on network TV for very long, just like "Arrested Development", from which this blog derives its name.

Newsradio has an amazing cast including Dave Foley from "Kids in the Hall" and Stephen Root from "Office Space" and "O Brother Where Art Thou" among other projects. It also features the incomparable Phil Hartman, whom you may know from such projects as "The Simpsons" and "Saturday Night Live". On "The Simpsons" he played Troy McClure. He uttered one of my many favorite lines from the show; "Man vs. Nature-The road to victory". Maura Tierney, Joe Rogan, ("One thing you might not know about me Joe Rogan. I like to smoke rocks." -Chapelle's Show), and the always-bordering-on-completely-bonkers Andy Dick round out the cast.

And to now veer off that subject completely did anybody notice that on "Arrested Development" the character named Bob Loblaw now has his own blog? And that it is called "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"? So then I got to thinking what if a woman named Bobbi Lombaugh married Bob Loblaw and they went for the hyphenated name and then had a kid who they named Bob? That kid would have the name Bob Lombaugh-Loblaw. So then let's say that kid grows up and marries a woman named Bonita Applebaum and they also go for the hyphenated name and also have a kid named Bob. That kid's name would be Bob Applebaum-Lombaugh-Loblaw. So if that kid had a blog he could totally out-do me in the "mouthful of marbles" blog name category.

Bob Applebaum-Lombaugh-Loblaw Law Blog@Blogspot.com.

I'd kick that kid's ass.

Peace
Marcus Singer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home